Pathfinder, Hope Learning Trust and All Saints RC School have the exciting opportunity to deliver a one-year programme for the Early Career Framework across our region in September 2020. Working in partnership with Ambition Institute, one of the DfE approved providers, this will gain valuable support for our NQTs and their Mentors a year before National Roll-Out in 2021.
Where to start?
If you are looking to find out more then start by watching the Information Webinar hosted by Pathfinder and Partners on 1st July...
What is the Early Career Framework?
The Early Career Framework (ECF) is the most significant reform to the teaching profession in a generation, with the potential to transform the skills and working lives of our teacher workforce. It delivers a fully funded, high-quality, evidence-informed package of support for NQTs and their mentors. This involves lengthening induction for Early Career Teachers to two years, increasing their entitlement to support and training and specifying key content to be covered during induction. It recognises the integral role of the mentor in ECTs’ development and places real emphasis on supporting and training them.
What is involved?
- A funded, comprehensive and carefully sequenced programme of training
- Funded support and training for NQTs and Mentors, with feedback and coaching opportunities
- Structured guidance to maximise the effectiveness and impact of the in-school NQT/Mentor sessions
How will NQTs and Mentors be supported?
There is a carefully designed combination of virtual peer-learning groups, expert-led webinars, weekly video tutorials and self-study materials. All of this is supported by an accessible online platform which has been designed specifically to improve teaching, support mentoring and make the ECF easy to implement in schools.
What will NQTs gain?
- Specific examples of what expert teaching looks like
- The ability to easily connect theory to classroom practice
- Confidence, knowledge and skills
What will Mentors gain?
- Specific examples of what expert mentoring looks like
- Tailored guidance based on phase, context and prior experience
- The ability to use Instructional Coaching for maximum effect
What will Schools gain?
- Clear and targeted support for your NQTs and Mentors
- Access to leading evidence-based training with feedback
- Improved participant job satisfaction and staff retention rate
Why Ambition Institute?
|Ambition Institute colleagues were part of the Expert Advisory Panel that helped develop the Early Career Framework. They are the only provider to have worked on two pilot projects, funded by the Education Endowment Foundation. This programme builds on their already established Early Career Teacher programme, ensuring their ECF resources have been tried and tested in schools. They are perfectly placed to support schools, NQTs and Mentors to make the most of this valuable and impactful opportunity.|
Who do I contact?
Where can I get more information?
- More information about the Early Career Framework and the DfE Early Roll Out
- You can find out more about Ambition Institute’s Early Career programme, including module details
- Ambition Institute’s Pilot Research
- Ambition Institute’s initial Q&A Webinar recording - password to access the recording is: 9G&1h43%